[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(COOLLIST) Fire sale!

Hello, (CL) readers.  Sit back, and I'll tell you a tale of horror,
deception, and treachery.

Well, no I actually don't have one of those.  However, I will tell
you about the fire I was nearly caught in.

Saturday, I was at Barton Creek Mall.  This is a large mall on
Highway 360 about five miles from my house.  It's similar in size
to Town Center at Cobb for those Atlanta denizens on the list.

I was in the restroom at Montgomery Ward, having been in there to
look at their camcorder selection.  Well, just as I was about the
leave, a woman sticks her head in the door to the men's room and
shouts "everyone out of the store!"  Well, not being one to argue
with a crazed woman, I exit to a large cloud of smoke.  There is
a fire somewhere in the Montgomery Wards.  Now, the smoke wasn't
too thick to move through, but I wasn't going to stick around and
see if it got worse.

There was a crowd of people gathered around the entrance to the
store, just watching the activity.  I heard one person make a joke
about a fire sale, but I didn't wait around.  I was in a rush to
leave the mall, having taken this as a bad sign.

Here is the recipe of the day.  Take two jalepeno peppers.  De-seed
and slice into slivers.  Combine slivers with one tablespoon of
olive oil in a food processor and puree.  Take two pieces of rye
bread, add sliced cheese, tomato, onion, and the pepper sauce to
form a sandwich.  Bake in oven at 400F for eight minutes on a cookie
tray.  Scrumptious.

The Show With No Name is on a brief vacation with our next show on
the 18th.  I'm learning a lot about camera work and video production.
The show on the 18th will be a "best-of" show covering the first
14 episodes.  I know we will run the William Shatner "Rocket Man"
clip again, but the rest of the schedule is still up in the air.
This is going to be cool.  I have a camera reserved for the end of
November to shoot footage for (COOLLIST): The Series.  I really
need to work on some material for it.

Final tip: do you like Dilbert, Bizarro, Zippy the Pinhead, Foxtrot,
or Shoe?  If so, go to a newsstand and pick up the premier issue
of "Funny Stuff".  It's a monthly put out by the people who do
"Comic Relief" magazine, and each issue includes a whole month of
the just mentioned strips.  Oh, for those of you who have not heard,
Watterson, the creator of Calvin and Hobbes, is retiring the strip
at the end of the year.  His work will be missed.

Stay cool, dig we must! (credits go to Dave Winer for the sign-off)
--
        eebmoC .L nimajneB | Benjamin L. Combee                (REVERSE)
       gro.doowhcet@eebmoc | combee@techwood.org           (ENGINEERING)