[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(COOLLIST) PRESS RELEASE: MSPG's NEW VISION

Very interesting! --Ben

Date:     April 1, 1997

To:       The Executive/Professional Briefing List

From:     Frank Lloyd
          Senior Vice President and
          General Manager
          Messaging Systems and Pizza Group

Subject:  MSPG's NEW VISION

Motorola announced this morning an exciting new promotional venture
for its paging products.  After last summer's successful
cross-marketing campaign with Pepsi and the Mountain Dew brand, MSPG
today make public its new plans.  Effective April 1st, Motorola has
signed a long-term deal with the pizza delivery chain Little Caesar's
where Motorola messaging products will be marketed at over 4000 Little
Caesar's locations around the USA.  The promotion, called "Pager!
Pager!" will be accompanied by an extensive advertising campaign, with
the highlight being a dog that barks "You Know! Now!"

As part of the US $350 Million deal, MSPG will now be known as the
Messaging Systems and Pizza Group.  Over the next six months, MSPG
plans on introducing several products, including the Crazy Pager!, an
advanced numeric paging device in a garlicky, buttery bread-stick.
Beta tests of the new Bravo Supreme and Meat-Lovers Tango are underway
at the Boynton Beach facility.

MSPG manager Frank Lloyd commented on the deal, "We are proud to be
able to offer our product in such an innovative fashion.  There is an
unique synergy between paging and pizza... both rely on technology
created by Italians and both promise delivery in 30 minutes or less."

Motorola is a really big company with lots of groups doing their own
thing.  Any statements that are not historical fact should be taken as
speculative announcements and are subject to change.  Limited delivery
area, please present coupons before ordering.
####
To unsubscribe from (COOLLIST), reply to this and tell me to delete you.
To see the (COOLLIST) archives, go to http://www.yak.net/coollist/.