I have learned a bit about meta keywords and just implemented those on a couple of my sites.
also, i have been told by several people that linking to sites helps,
so i guess i'll try that out.
thanks for listening, The web is a wild and wacky place.
This Scientific American article describes how the algorithm works in Google:
Summary: Every day the World Wide Web grows by roughly a million electronic pages, adding to the hundreds of millions already on-line. By analyzing these interconnections, our system automatically locates two types of pages: authorities and hubs. At its most basic level, a search engine maintains a list, for every word, of all known Web pages containing that word.
433.   My boss has developers that use SOAP? How can I help them debug their lame web2.0 non-sense? (Or how can i search inside a given http session for a string using tethereal?)
421.   What is a Brosef?   [jake/2005-02-18]
420.   How can I use a new 40 Gig iPod with Debian and USB   [jake/2005-03-01]
402.   What is Rape Juice?   [jake/2004-01-28]
386.   What is Trinux ?   [brad/2003-10-06]
347.   How can I boot KNOPPIX off my hard drive?   [strick/2003-02-15] ( jake/2003-02-20 )
335.   What is Bob?   [gopherdave/2002-11-04]
332.   What is the best hostel to stay at while in Amsterdam?   [jake/2002-10-25]
319.   why do i get an error "make: don't know how to make /usr/share/tmac/tmac.andoc. Stop" when building a pkg on netbsd?   [jesse/2002-08-10]
275.   whats an FQA?   [jesse/2001-09-28]
232.   Where can i find a stamp sized ethernet web server for (barely)less than $100?   [sidd/2001-05-30]
204.   Now that Mir's gone, where can I find images and information about the station and its reentry?   [rupe/2001-03-22]
167.   What are the hardware specs on a Cybiko?   [rupe/2001-01-24]
165.   What's the story with NTSC, PAL, SECAM?   [jss/2001-01-22]
162.   What Internet drafts are in the RFC queue currently?   [rupe/2001-01-09]
134.   What are some useful commands for using the SGI VINO video option?   [rupe/2000-10-08]
120.   What is the Hacker's Manifesto?   [rupe/2001-08-14]
103.   Where can I find information on how much I'm worth?   [rupe/2000-06-17]
37.   What is this "goo" that holds the yak together?   [robey/2000-02-01]
20.   What is a good tool to beautify HTML? Can it handle the mess generated by many web-page generation programs, especially the bloated files created by Word2000?   [jamison/2000-02-10]