Gates co-opted the abbreviation for Personal Computers, "PC", to refer to his boxes, thereby making the hoi-polloi think he invented them (just like they think he invented the windows graphical interface. My stepfather seriously thought Gates invented the internet too!)
In a mail list posting the other day, i saw for the first time the spelling "PeeCee". Oh, i like it. From now on Windoze machines are "PeeCees"!
Why do i like to call them "PeeCees"? Because it sounds so weenie.
424.   Where do you get StrickPants?
402.   What is Rape Juice?   [jake/2004-01-28]
372.   What is the offical 'insta-gay' drink™ of #temp?   [ross/2003-09-16]
319.   why do i get an error "make: don't know how to make /usr/share/tmac/tmac.andoc. Stop" when building a pkg on netbsd?   [jesse/2002-08-10]
272.   If you were held captive, and your captor demanded you to mix a Big Dave's Drawersdropper or else… what do you do?!!!   [kurt/2001-09-05]
266.   Why won't sites with 24.x.x.x IPs respond to HTTP requests?   [rupe/2001-08-13]
247.   what must be done to make javax.comm work with devFS?   [jesse/2001-06-09]
162.   What Internet drafts are in the RFC queue currently?   [rupe/2001-01-09]
156.   Where did Sprint come from?   [rupe/2000-12-30]
146.   What commands do UNIX system administrators commonly use?   [rupe/2000-11-09] ( strick/2001-01-04 )
96.   Where can I find information on in-vehicle computer systems?   [rupe/2000-05-24]
75.   Where can I get an Isreali standard issue military gas mask for under $30.00 US?   [simon/2000-04-05]
31.   Was Ross at Kevin Mitnick's release?   [strick/2000-01-23]