[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(COOLLIST) Possible Visit to Atlanta soon

I've told some of you in various conversations, but I hadn't made a
general announcement until now.  Note: I've not bought the air tickets
yet, so things aren't 100%... I'd put my plans at 70% certainty right
now.

I'm going to go taking a round-trip on Delta from Austin to Nashville
on October 14th, returning October 16th or 17th.  However, if I can do
this without screwing up my return flight, I will be connecting through
Atlanta around 9AM on the 14th and NOT taking my connecting flight from
Atlanta to Nashville.  Therefore, I'll be in Atlanta all day on the
14th and the morning of the 15th before heading up to Dalton to visit
my family.

Do any of you have experience with dropping legs of a round trip
ticket?  The agent at Delta indicated that if I didn't make my
Atlanta-Nashville leg, my return flight ticket may be CANCELLED!  The
round trip from here to Nashville is $138, but an open ticket for
AUS-ATL then NAS-AUS would be $219, so I'd really like to be able to do
this.  At worst, I'll just go to Nashville then drive all the way to
Atlanta.  Might it also be possible for me to actually check-in for my
flight then not board the plane, or perhaps to claim an emergency or a
missed flight?  I only have 45 minutes to connect at Atlanta, so this
might be one way to go.  I might also be able to do a layover, with me
travelling to Nashville Sunday morning and getting picked up there by
my parents.

Oh well... I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible that
weekend.  If anyone wants any Austin souveniers, let me know and I'll
stuff something in my backpack.

cheers,
combee (the artist formerly known as combee)

--
Ben Combee, CAD Software Engineer, Perl proponent, RC Cola drinker
Motorola Paging Products Group, Strategic Semiconductor Operation--Austin