[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(COOLLIST) My Grandmother's Passing

I just got a page from my father on my way back from lunch today; my
grandmother, Ruby Jones Combee, died this afternoon around 2
P.M. Eastern time.  She had been seriously ill for the last three
weeks after a liver failure and massive swelling.  I was able to fly
back to Dalton briefly to see her and talk to her while she was still
cogent, and I'm glad for the moments I was able to spend with her and
with my family.

Grandmother Combee was a great woman.  She raised two wonderful
children, but touched so many more people.  She was always giving
herself, especially through her cooking.  When I was very young, she
watched me while my mom went to work, and I continued to visit her
often.  Her house was a second home to me and to my sister.

It's going to be a sad time for me and my family, but we are at peace
with the situation.  She was mentally ready for this, and we had a
chance to say our goodbyes and our prayers for her.  I'm told that it
was quiet at the end.  She was sleeping, breathing very slowly; then,
the breathing stopped.

I'd like to thank those of you whose thoughts have been with me and my
family through this.  The beams have been appreciated.
--
Ben Combee, Software Guru, (in 'ARMs way, perhaps???)
Motorola > MIMS > MSPG > AMG > AMCD > Austin Design Center